• Director of the WWF European Policy Office in Brussels since 1989
• Member of the Advisory Board of the Centre for Social and Economic Research on the Global Environment (CSERGE), University of East Anglia, U.K.
• Member of the Editorial Advisory Board, Journal of European Public Policy
• Member of the Corporate Environmental Advisory Council, Dow Chemical, USA
• Member of the Advisory Council, EurActiv, Brussels
• Member of the Advisory Board, European Policy Centre, Brussels
• Member of the Advisory Board, European Centre for Public Affairs, Brussels
• Member of the Board, WWF Greece
• Policy advisor to WWF-UK 1986-88
• Assistant Director, Council for the Protection of Rural England (CPRE), 1981-85.
• A Harkness Fellow of the Commonwealth Fund of New York, 1977-79
• Staff Assistant, US Congress Washington DC and Congressional Fellow of the American Political Science Association, 1977-78.
• Local authority planning officer, Lancashire 1974-77.
ΑΚΑΔΗΜΑΪΚΟΙ ΤΙΤΛΟΙ ΚΑΙ ΘΕΣΕΙΣ
• Bachelor of Science (First Class) Honours, Town and Country Planning, Heriot- Watt University, Edinburgh, 1974.
• Research scholar, Laboratoire d’Econométrie, Ecole Polytechnique, Paris, 1985-86.
• Visiting Professor at the College of Europe, Bruges, 1996-2002.
• Member of the teaching faculty, EIS Training, Brussels.