Ο Δρ. Sébastien Bourdarie είναι ερευνητής στο Γαλλικό Εθνικό Κέντρο Αεροδιαστημικής (Office National d'Etudes et de Recherches Aérospatiales), όπου εργάζεται από το 1993.
Ακολουθεί το βιογραφικό σημείωμα του ομιλητή στα αγγλικά
Dr. Sébastien Bourdarie has worked at the Space Environment Department (now DPHY) of ONERA (Office National d'Etudes et de Recherches Aérospatiales) since 1993. He is currently involved in physical modelling of electron radiation belts (Salammbo code) for the Earth and Jupiter, as well as artificial radiation belts created by high-altitude nuclear weapons. Related to this activity, he acquired a great experience in processing and interpreting data from particle detectors on-board different satellites. He has developed a space radiation database from various monitors. He is involved in data assimilation tool development, in particular an ensemble Kalman filter for the Earth electron radiation belt. He is involved in spacecraft anomaly analysis. He is also in charge of supervision and examination of PhD students. He is teaching in engineering school and is giving adult training courses on space environment and effects.
Responsibilities and achievements:
• 2019: Director of Research at ONERA.
• 2017-today: Team leader of the Radiation in Space Environment research unit of ONERA/DPHY/ERS
• 2013-today: Member of the science committee on Solar-Heliosphere-Magnetosphere (SHM) of CNES, the French space agency
• 2010-2016: Member of the science committee board of the Sun-Earth system (PNST) division of CNRS
• 2009-2015: Member of the science committee board of the Physics division at ONERA
• 2006-today: Member of the RADECS (RADiation Effects on Components and Systems) council board
• 2004-2012: Chairman of the COSPAR PRBEM panel
• 1997-today: Referee for J. Geophys. Res., Geophys. Rev. Lett., Adv. Space. Res., IEEE-TNS, Referee for NASA, NRA, and NSF scientific proposals.